UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST
“Built in 1906, our church is a stone structure of English Norman design centrally located in downtown Laconia. The sanctuary seats 350 people with a small chapel at one side seating 30 people. The chancel is accented by the pipes of the three manual Austin organ. An elevator services the top floor of Parish House, the main level of the Church and a multi-function Church Hall on the lower level.
The Church Hall has a commercial-grade kitchen for special events such as the annual Hazel Duke Thanksgiving Dinner, open to all in our community free of charge. It is also used by other groups including Got Lunch Laconia, a community-wide organization that buys, packs, and delivers meals to 500+ children every week in the summer. More than a hundred volunteers from around the area come to the church to volunteer.
Adjacent to the main building is a two-story Parish House built in 1959 containing the church offices, classrooms, library, medical supply lending closet, and various other meeting rooms including a large Fellowship Hall with a smaller kitchen. The buildings are used extensively by outside groups such as AA, NA, Streetcar Theater Company, Belknap Mill Quilters Guild, Power Chords community chorus, Got Lunch, and the Church of Another Chance. The sanctuary, Church Hall, and the upper floor of the Parish House are accessible via a three-story elevator and an enclosed bridge connecting the two buildings which overlooks our Community Walkway and Memorial Garden.